What kind of roles do gaseous fuels have in the energy transition? Are they enablers of future sustainable energy systems? Is the development fast enough to tackle climate change? Is hydrogen able to meet the expectations as a revolutionary solution?
For the webinar, University of Vaasa has invited international top-level professionals from academia and industry gather to discuss the most burning issues related to the role of gas as enabler of the clean energy transition. The webinar provides insightful presentations and interesting panel discussions. Moreover, the audience can meet and discuss with the experts in the interactive discussion rooms right after the webinar.
The webinar (12:00-13:30 EET) consists of the presentations and panel discussion on the following themes:
- The big picture of the Finnish gas market, presented by Cea Mittler, Gasgrid, Finland
- Sustainable transport – Biomethane as a bus and truck fuel, presented by Jonas Strömberg, Scania, Sweden
- Sector coupling by Sonja Monica Berlijn, presented by KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Hydrogen Market Development, presented by Auður Nanna Baldvinsdottir, IDUNN H2, Iceland
- Gas in the German energy mix: Business opportunities, presented by Jan Feller, German-Finnish Chamber of Commerce, Finland
The expert panel consists of Reetta Kaila, (Wärtsilä, Finland), Marie Münster (Technical University of Denmark), and Jukka Räsänen (Neste, Finland).
The webinar is moderated by Suvi Karirinne (VEBIC, University of Vaasa, Finland).
Three parallel discussion rooms (13:45-14:45 EET) are organized via Zoom. Please, join one of the following discussion rooms to listen and share your ideas with the experts.
- Room 1. Clean hydrogen transition – what does it entail?
Moderated by Suvi Karirinne (VEBIC, University of Vaasa). Experts: Marie Münster (DTU), Ville Tulkki (VTT)
- Room 2. Advancing future sustainable gas market – legal & policy insights
Moderated by Petra Berg (VEBIC, University of Vaasa). Experts: Cea Mittler (Gasgrid), Laura Huomo (Roschier)
- Room 3. Maritime Energy Transition – What’s up in Nordics?
Moderated by Katja Jankens (Nordic Hub) and Lasse Pohjala (VASEK). Experts: Andreas Bach (SMTP), Jan Boyesen (MARLOG), Ole Svendgård (RENERGY)